Total Pageviews

Monday, November 7, 2011

Space Sonata rough recordings

Here are rough recordings of the three-movement piece I have been working on for cello and piano. As I mentioned in a previous blog, this music will eventually be performed alongside projected drawings and prose to depict a sci-fi story. I apologize ahead of time for the sloppy cello playing.

Mvt. I: Upon Awakening from a 65 Year Sleep, or The Rebirth

Mvt. II: The Solitude and the Space

Mvt. III: The Descent, the Devastation, and the Decision

2 comments:

  1. Danverne, that scratching, high-pitched, whining sound at the beginning of movement I made me want to rip my ears off. It was perfect for describing how it would probably feel to wake up after 65 years and feel so disoriented and lost.Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. The effect is supposed to sound like him breathing at first, and then when the harmonics come in it's supposed to be the sounds from a life support system (so yes it's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable and tense).

    ReplyDelete