Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Days 5 & 6: The Ebb and Flow

First off, sorry for the late-ish post, but technically I'm only 5 minutes late haha. I had the recording done on time but the video took forever to render and upload. I had some issues today--a headphone cord that started shorting out, a camera battery that died and took forever to recharge, and a computer that decided to stop recording when I was in the middle of the song (multiple times). But I got through it and I'm pretty happy with the result. I decided to record a piano song I had written a couple years ago but never really made a recording of. It's a bit more complicated compositionally than the last song since I didn't compose it the day of haha. I used to play this piece with my friend Simon Larson on drums, so I want to give him credit cause I'm pretty sure I used or was inspired by the beats he came up with. I pretty much improvised the cello part (which you will probably notice). I think it works for the most part but there are definitely some rough spots. enjoy! dan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB1VI-nECqg

2 comments:

  1. Dan! I'm definitely impressed! Good luck with this... I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this one is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete